Friday, 15 February 2008

Spam Spam Spam

Well the spam problem has been getting worse by the day from the website.

Although I have a spam filter in my email client the number of emails coming from my website Email form were growing. It looks as if someone had written some code to send a dozen emails a day from my website form.

So I've had to upgrade the contact form so that the user has to input a 3 digit security code. Hopefully this will fool the bots. See the new contact form here.

As for Viruses, as I have switched to Linux see previous report this has not been a problem for me.

The other day I had to switch to my Windows partition (still kept it) because my old Creative mp3 player software only works on Windows (XP and below). Although I hadn't used Windows in over 3 weeks I got a virus within 20 minutes of using it!

1 comment:

John said...

On my blog, I set it to moderate if the poster has never posted a comment before. I left this to go for 3 weeks. I found 47 comments ready for moderation. None of them were legit!

Cheers!

John