This has mainly been due to being extremely busy in work. Unfortunately this has meant all of my hobbies have been severely affected. I currently run 3 websites and 3 blogs and all have been in the same boat.
I have been running the website for 16 years now and it usually takes a considerable amount of time updating this website and the others which leaves me less time for hobbies and family.
There are other projects that I want to start and/or continue but am unable to do so at this time with all the demands on my time.
On top of this I have had some health issues and with retirement less than 13 months away from my current job it leaves me with some decisions to make on the future of the website. Currently there are several alternatives I am looking at:
- Closure of the website altogether within the next 13 months.
- Allowing the website to freeze in time and make no further updates.
- Find someone else to take over the mantle who has the time, interest and expertise.
- Reduce the amount of time I spend updating the site and not spend so much time looking for new content. (This would mean a freewargamesrules lite)
- Find an alternative way to run the website which is community led and not dependant on one person.
All of this must be done cheaply as come retirement, although I will be looking for a new job, finances will more restricted.
None of these decisions have been made yet, so nothing will change short term.
I welcome any observations or suggestions from the hobby.